Republican Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis announced in a press conference, he is responding to “the failure of the Biden administration to secure our southern border” and will deploy law enforcement officers to Texas and Arizona borders.
DeSantis said, “America’s border security crisis impacts every state and every American. Governors Abbott and Ducey recently sent out a call for help to every state in the nation, needing additional law enforcement manpower and other resources to aid with border security. I’m proud to announce today that the state of Florida is answering the call. Florida has your back.”
“Florida is going to support Texas and Arizona. We believe that securing the southern border is important for our country, but specifically, we believe it’ll benefit the people of Florida to be able to get this under control, and so where the federal government has failed, the states are stepping up and doing our best to fill the void,” he continued.
The law enforcement agenecies that will send their manpower are as follows (list compiled by KHOU 11):
- The Florida Highway Patrol
- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
- Escambia County Sheriff’s Office
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
- Holmes County Sheriff’s Office
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office
- Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office
- Walton County Sheriff’s Office